PDA

View Full Version : Red Sea Reef Care Program

Schreff
01-08-2012, 04:08 PM
I want to start this thread for basically me, so I can see where my parameters are week to week. I got the Reef Foundation ABC+ powder, NO3:PO4-X and Reef Energy A & B. I started using everything yesterday. The only thing I need to get yet is the Reef Colors A, B, C, and D. I going to try and update this weekly with my test results, changes in coral growth, algae growth/loss and coral color.

If anyone else is using this stuff or has any questions or comments please post them here.

This just isn't for my benefit, its for everyone's if this stuff really dose work.

Jen2828
01-08-2012, 04:30 PM
I'll be curious to see what your results are...we started using the NO3:PO4-X about a year ago in the older reef tank. We were fine with everything except the SPS...once we transferred the SPS out to another tank they were fine. I decided against using that in the newer reef tank so i'll be curious to see if you like it (I will say it defintely does work as far as elminating the phosphates and nitrates). We are using the reef energy a & b in our frag tank, can't say i've really seen to much difference, maybe a slight improvement with the zoas and palys.

Jkeim
01-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Jen anytime something lowers nitrates or phosphates that were higher sps will show signs of stress. Same as vodka dosing. Thats why its recommended to get them lower other ways before starting vodka or bio pellets. I read a thread on reef central that said to start the red sea stuff at half the suggested dose. A lot of people did say it worked very well though. I think its another form of sugar dosing. At least your fish will be fat.

ReeferMadness
01-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Agree that the Reef Energy A and B may show some improvement in zoas and palys. I had good luck using reef color D to get purple coloration. I don't really need it after switching back to Brightwell salt.

Schreff
01-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I know this stuff is everyday dosing..... Might get old quick.... Then again might not.

Jen2828
01-08-2012, 07:01 PM
hhmmmm...never thought about that Jkeim...I know the levels were extremely low, but probably not 0?

Schreff
01-08-2012, 07:17 PM
You don't want 0 PO4... You want it around .04.... Thats why I need to get a Hanna checker lol.

Schreff
01-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Dosing 24.2 ML KH and 80 ML Cal daily.

Schreff
01-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Im really confused with this alk/cal intake. I checked it 2 days ago. My alk was 7, cal was 450. I dosed my alk to get it up to around 8, Only dosed a little cal. Checked it yesterday and my alk was 8.7 and cal was 400. I know for a fact I didnt dose that much alk. I'll recheck everything again when I get home.

Schreff
01-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Ok.... I'll make sure to do that tonight.