PDA

View Full Version : I wanna do LED's on my 20 Gallon!

bpickett208
06-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Hello everyone!
I have a huge desire to put LED's on my 20 gallon but I am thinking about doing it myself to save some money. I just dont know much about LED's. I wanna know how many LED's I will need... What you guys think are the best colors to use and if anyone has found a good site or can tell me how to do it. A lot of sites I have seen for building your own LED's make me think I need to be a rocket scientist!
Thanks in advance :)

( Plus I wanna do it so I have plenty of lighting... I only have zoa's, whisker coral, and hammar coral in this tank right now but I want to be able to buy any coral I desire and not have to worry about if my lighting is strong enough! )

ReeferMadness
06-24-2012, 11:02 PM
regular 20 or 20 long?

I have a setup for sale that is 18 LEDs that would work well, especially over a 20 regular.
I hat 6 white CREES and the remainder is various blue and violet tints in CREE and other LEDs. It runs on a single non-dimmable driver. There is room on the driver for more LEDs so you could modify it to suit your taste if you know how to solder. This light grew SPS in my frag tank fairly well.

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad321/tlolson1/photobucket-14732-1340592203176.jpg

bpickett208
06-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Hello! It is a 20 gallon Reg... PM me with price and all that good stuff :)