PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer recommendations?

BustyRaker
02-16-2016, 09:23 AM
As of now I have a SWC 160 Cone which I haven't been too fond of since day 1. It's not very consistent and overflows frequently for no apparent reason. Looking to upgrade a bit but don't want to break the bank. I've always wanted to try an SRO 3000 but open to other suggestions within that price range. Also if there's anyone who is selling a slimmer locally now is your chance to woo me 💃

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJim
02-16-2016, 11:45 AM
I have an SRO 2000 INT and it does a good job. It’s not the quietest skimmer though. They work best in 6-8 inches of water so keep that in mind if you have a deep sump.

I have a green slimer frag that’s branching, well encrusted and is 3+ inches. I was holding on to it as a back-up when I set up the new tank, but I can sell it for $10. You would probably need to pick it up at the meeting or have someone pick it up for you since I’m in Baltimore.

Jkeim
02-16-2016, 11:49 AM
I have an SRO 2000 INT and it does a good job. It’s not the quietest skimmer though. They work best in 6-8 inches of water so keep that in mind if you have a deep sump.

I have a green slimer frag that’s branching, well encrusted and is 3+ inches. I was holding on to it as a back-up when I set up the new tank, but I can sell it for $10. You would probably need to pick it up at the meeting or have someone pick it up for you since I’m in Baltimore.

Yeah my 3000 is loud but works.

BustyRaker
02-16-2016, 11:52 AM
Sorry I meant to type skimmer not slimmer. Auto correct got me again. I have more green Slimer than any human should ever own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cory
02-16-2016, 04:15 PM
Too much I'm sure someone would like some

morgan175
02-16-2016, 04:48 PM
I do

BigJim
02-16-2016, 07:13 PM
Sorry I meant to type skimmer not slimmer. Auto correct got me again. I have more green Slimer than any human should ever own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkv

That makes more sense. I thought it would be tough to woo you with a green slimer.