Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 150 In-Wall Tank Build

My 150 In-Wall Tank Build

Well for some reason I keep being asked to post pics of my build. So, I will start at the beginning...........
    I had been running a 55G that a buddy of mine got me started with. The tank, I got out of someone's trash, believe it or not. I built the stand and he supplied, well, most everything else. He was completely switching over to reptiles, and wanted to get me into saltwater. So, after having that tank for about a year or so, he gave me a call whilst he was at TFP looking at stuff. He told me that he knew I was looking to upgrade to a reef ready tank and make it a built in while I began to finish my basement. He said he may have found a tank for me in the second chance room. (It has some broken trim on it.) However, it might be a little bigger than you wanted. I was looking for a 75 or 90. So he sent me these pictures and I called TFP to hold it for me until the next day..............

Here is the fine print............

Banned

Re:My 150 In-Wall Tank Build

That's the way to do it!!! Always go bigger than you want!

Banned

That's the way to do it!!! Always go bigger than you want!

mbodell

A 150 is a nice size. I wish my floor could handle a big tank like that. I am forced down to the basement. Keep the pics coming.

i go back and look back there and never find anything worthwhile.. nice find

Here is the tank after sitting in my van a couple of days. I had to gather 3 friends to help me carry it to my basement. Later, I had to get another 3 to help me put it on the stand, but that's a different story.

How about building the appropriate stand. 2x4 framing with a double 2x6 header in front and a single in the back due to the plumbing. Painted with outdoor latex paint.

BTW - This is going in the basement as part of the finishing of it. Here we are after a few strong backs came over to help lift the tank onto its resting place.

Also in the 3rd Pic, you can see the 55 in the background.

Looks great Jeff!

looks good Jeff, cant wait to see it all set up.