Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nitrates on a Rampage

Quote Originally Posted by morgan175 View Post
    Habutti there is a podcast call reef threads its an excellent thing to listen to. I have gained a lot of experience from listening. They have about 200 episodes. The first 50 arent really that important. I listen while doing my mail route.

Good luck.
    Subscribed!
    Thanks

If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live. - Lin Yutang
    If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live. - Lin Yutang

Water changes are key IMO. I randomly do 5 Gal water changes during the week but do a 10% on Sunday's. My system is a 120. Nitrates could be festering in the argonite? Are you blowing off the rock weekly or is the old matter sitting and festering on the rock? Just asking as I think I had a problem with that as I was not blowing my rock off weekly. Now I do it 2x weekly. As Hgrreefs says, it will go through all kinds of cycles, my tank did not settle in till about 7 months and I too started with bucket cured rock.

Have you added a bunch of uncured rock recently?

try cutting out frozen food.

Yeah, it all started with the addition of the LRS food, but those darn Live Aquaria fish won't eat the pellets.
    I did a 3 gallon WC tonight and I think I want to do that every night and on the weekends my big water change. I may have to dose this tank with some red sea's nopox since it is at/or approaching dangerous levels.
    Here is the progression in the pass four weeks:

Peppermint Shrimp
    Gotta go with new tank syndrome on this one too, sounds like bio load hasn't built up enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler5g View Post
    Gotta go with new tank syndrome on this one too, sounds like bio load hasn't built up enough.
    Agreed plus1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk