Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Nkicks1 155g Peninsula

Cool! I definitely noticed a difference adding T5 to my Kessils. It took me a while to figure out the right combination of T5 duration and Kessil intensity though.

Well, its been some time. 7 months? Tank got a complete reset and ive dropped leds all together atm. Radions got benched and i opted to solely use the t5 giesmann 4' 8 bulb unit i received. Re cured a bunch of rock and created a 3 island scape down the middle of the tank. With the help of many of our great members i started to seed the tank again with frags back in November 2017. Growth has been great to start! The t5 unit has peak par at the talled rock structure around 375 and the top of the 2 shorter structuers between 250 and 280. I was expecting more par out of this unit as my 3' ATI fixture with 6 bulbs on my frag tanks actully puts out slightly more par with smaller bulbs and 2 less! After following closly to the BRS recommations 200-350 is more then enough to grow sps and the results are showing. Maybe some reef brites in future, as i want some blue led pop back.

Results

Looking good.

Peppermint Shrimp
    Nice stick collection!

soooooo Growth updates?

NOW

5 months of growth goes a long way
    Last edited by nkicks1; 06-23-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Today

5 months ago.

Things have started to grow, some ive fragged several dozen times already (lime in the sky). Others ive moved because they grew into something else ahead of schedule. Sorry the shots are all from one side of the peninsula, ran out of time before i had to head out. Lost a few things and added a few others. Still only been 8 bulb t5 running this entire time. Feeding mostly LRS, home made reef frenzy type stuff while dosing acro power and reef fuel from aqua vitro. Filtraction remains the large b10 bubble mag, skimz cheato reactor and now an added pax bellum cheato reactor. No carbon or ferric oxide, and only water changeds for frag swaps.

Last edited by nkicks1; 06-23-2018 at 10:29 PM.

Wow, looking good.

Looks amazing. I switched to Giessman bulbs about 2 years ago, and the growth has really been absurd. Id love to know what combo of bulbs you are using.

Im using the Giesseman Matrix 2 8x48" unit. I'm actually using ati bulbs though. 6 blue+, 1 coral+, 1 purple+. Sorry about the confusing. Just a side note, ive never been able to produce this speed of growth with led.