Thread: Flow

Flow

So who's running Gyre pumps ?? Thoughts on them over vortechs or do you run both ?? Is it hooked up to your apex ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run them on a couple different tanks. They seem to provide pretty good flow. With the new controllers they came out with for them, I would put them up against a vortech any day.

As far as getting the ice cap for the apex for the controller ??

I think the gyres are good but require that your rock work will allow them to function how they are supposed to by allowing the formation of gyres in your tank. If your rockwork is structured so that a good gyre cannot form they won't work so well and their flow is so laminar that you can't point them directly at coral like you might with a vortech.

I keep going back and forth about getting a gyre. My pump doesn't seem to be outputting like it once did though, so I may upgrade that first.

I just got a gyre from a fellow club member for a rediculous great price. And I love it. My pp8s weren't cutting it. Way to many dead spots. Now I have 1 that I found so far. If your looking to get a gyre but don't want to fork out a ton of money get the jeboa cross flow. But do it soon because maxspect just won the patent for the tech used in the gyre and they are suing jebao/jecod to quit producing their version because they are an exact copy.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I may just do that. One of my vortech's took a #@!#@!#@!#@! again this morning.

Anyone have a used one laying around ????

Was it your Vortech's wet side that broke or the dry side? I have a MP40 that is I believe just about 10 years old now and the dry side is still functioning like a champ. The wet side eventually failed and I had to replace it but the wet side is the cheap part of the Vortech.

Dry side this time. Just bought a new wet side couple weeks ago.

Bummer, sorry to hear that.