Thread: 29 biocube

29 biocube

Got my biocube going a couple months ago...

Starting to think about a stocking list...Iím sure I want a couple sweet clowns...so thatís pretty non-negotiable...

Not sure who the gurus are here but looking for a little input from the community...in a perfect world it would look like this:

-clown pair
    -bangaii cardinal pair
    -goby w/shrimp -or- wrasse of some flavor

Thoughts? I currently have CUC and a couple emeralds in there...(had 3 but lost it to unknown reasons)

Will be a reef once I feel comfortable enough with the maturity of the tank to drop money on corals...

Thoughts?

-Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

29 Gal Biocube
    RAPIDLED Retrofit/Bluefish Controller
    MJ 1200
    Koralia Nano
    Hyrdrofill titanium ATO

Goby & shrimp would probally be a better choice just based on size. I have a wrasse in a 36" tank, and feel like it could use more. If I had substrate, I really think a goby + shrimp combo would be pretty neat.

I agree anything other than a possum wrasse might need more room. Otherwise it looks like a good list. Do you have any pictures of the set up?

Quote Originally Posted by SquatchXXL View Post
    Goby & shrimp would probally be a better choice just based on size. I have a wrasse in a 36" tank, and feel like it could use more. If I had substrate, I really think a goby + shrimp combo would be pretty neat.
    Yeah I had a goby/shrimp pair when I had my 90 gallon going. It was really neat to watch them dig and work together. Not sure about the wrasse, my wife said she doesn't like "long skinny fish" anyhow...trying to find stuff she'll enjoy watching so that I can work towards talking her into the 150 I really want.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
    I agree anything other than a possum wrasse might need more room. Otherwise it looks like a good list. Do you have any pictures of the set up?
    Thanks! I have pics but I'll have to upload them later, I'm at work and the cell service is pretty crappy in here...

Just getting over my big hair algae phase bloom, it's currently in the process of all dying and I'm trying to keep up with pulling out the dead stuff as it goes so I don't get another Phosphate/Nitrate spike from the stuff that's dying because there's no phosphates/nitrates to eat...I'll try to get some pics up tonight.

29 Gal Biocube
    MJ 1200
    Koralia Nano
    Hyrdrofill titanium ATO

forgot to mention that i put eggcrate down and put my rocks directly on the eggcrate before putting sand in just in the event that i got a "burrowing" fish/shrimp combo....

29 Gal Biocube
    MJ 1200
    Koralia Nano
    Hyrdrofill titanium ATO

Day 1

29 Gal Biocube
    MJ 1200
    Koralia Nano
    Hyrdrofill titanium ATO

29 biocube

First signs of hair algae

Full blown hair algae going (early, it got worse than this)

Hair algae starting to die

Cyano bloom starting while hair algae dies off (took this today) hopefully it doesnít get out of control before I get it cleaned up, just water changed last night

Last edited by Dryace; 07-13-2018 at 04:12 PM.

29 Gal Biocube
    MJ 1200
    Koralia Nano
    Hyrdrofill titanium ATO

And yes, the damsel is still alive lol heís very ďhideyĒ sometimes

29 Gal Biocube
    MJ 1200
    Koralia Nano
    Hyrdrofill titanium ATO

I had a Cryptic Wrasse in a 29 and it did very well. The AIO addresses the biggest need for a top with any wrasse. I'm not as big a fan of clowns as some. I have a pair of Skunks and the female is a beast. If I did it all over again I'd put them in last.

Quote Originally Posted by RG Rude View Post
    I had a Cryptic Wrasse in a 29 and it did very well. The AIO addresses the biggest need for a top with any wrasse. I'm not as big a fan of clowns as some. I have a pair of Skunks and the female is a beast. If I did it all over again I'd put them in last.
    Yeah, thatís the other thing Iím trying to decide on...the order to put them in...

I want to pair my clowns (get two tiny ones...blah blah...Iíve done it before) because I want a bullet hole and a black snowflake...if Iím goin with clowns (and I am) Iím goin all the way lol...

So with the pairing process I think it would be safer to put them in first, but I donít want them getting super territorial either...

Maybe the shrimp/goby first, clowns second and the cardinals last...

Either way I havenít decided completely what I want for fish, let alone what order to put them in.

29 Gal Biocube
    MJ 1200
    Koralia Nano
    Hyrdrofill titanium ATO