Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Return of the dooche

Return of the dooche

Forum seems a little dead lately? After a year away due to moving , I once again got the itch. I found a deal too good to pass up and picked up a p650 reefer. When I got out last year I kept all the equipment so at this point just waiting on the wife to pick out carpet and paint , she is thrilled about the new tank 🤔.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    Skill set:

Numchuck Skills
    Bowhunting Skills
    Computer Hacking Skills

Glad to see you beck Jason.

Welcome back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back! I think you could have fit that tank in your old tank.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
    Welcome back! I think you could have fit that tank in your old tank.
    Yeah you would think , but at half the size it seems big. It's possible I forgot how a big tank looks m

Skill set:

Numchuck Skills
    Bowhunting Skills
    Computer Hacking Skills

Welcome back. I certainly missed your fun presence on the forums. Glad to see you again.

If you need any dry rock hit me up. I have quite a bit of it, and you are more then welcome to it ALL if that is where you want to start.

Any plumbers that live near by? I want to plumb a water change line into my homes sewer line and not really sure where to start . Tank is set in place . Still have to add a column in the basement to support the floor .

Skill set:

Numchuck Skills
    Bowhunting Skills
    Computer Hacking Skills

Looks like a great spot for it!

Quote Originally Posted by optimusdooche View Post
    Any plumbers that live near by?
    I am no where nearby, but I can give you advice. If you can pipe together a reef tank, you certainly can do plumbing. 1/4" per foot elevation change and put a trap somewhere on the line to keep sewer gasses from coming back into your home. Find a spot for a tie in, and assess what type of pipe it is. Is it pvc or cast iron? adding a Tee into the middle of a fixed run is fairly simple, and you can use your tee with small pieces of pipe (stubs) on either end. From there find a pair of "fernco" couplers to tie it in. Fernco couplings are a god send to the trade. they are just rubber gaskets with a stainless steel sleeve that holds it all together. Waste lines are no pressure, so they are simple.

I just read something about a vent stack and air break or something being required to add a trap . If that isnt required it would be a 10 minute job I'd think
    Skill set:

Numchuck Skills
    Bowhunting Skills
    Computer Hacking Skills