Thread: Par meter

Par meter

Does anyone have a par meter I could rent or borrow?

Peppermint Shrimp
    Not sure, whether it is in your price range or not but the Seneye Reef Monitor makes for a good PAR meter at a fairly reasonable price of $200. BRS did a test of PAR meters a while back and actually found that the Seneye was as accurate as the $1000+ meters were. I would recommend looking the video up if you are curious.

I've considered picking one up but it just has not risen to the level of me wanting to spend $200 on it, maybe sometime in the future.

I did look at that once. Not sure I’d get all the use out of it. I was also thinking of getting a cheap Lux meter off amazon. I saw a thread where someone used one and got pretty close numbers (once they divided by 30) to the apogee meter.

I might just end up renting one from bulk reef once one comes back in stock too.

The club doesn’t have one, but I contacted Jack to see what he thinks. If the officers agree, then we could get one for our members to use. We would also need to set up a system for its use and care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that idea! Sign me up first ha

I rented the led one off of bulk reef. If anyone wants a quick check up with it let me know.