Thread: Injured Scolymia

Injured Scolymia

My clam injured one of my scolys the other day. The clam moved and the shell rubbed a slice in the scoly. The slice it 3/4 way from the outsidr rim to the mouth and the whole scoly seems to be receding. Is there anything I can do to help it heal or will I lose it?

mbodell

Re:Injured Scolymia

Good question... I would think it should be ok, but who knows.

Can't you quarantine it and treat it with something?

I'm not set up to quarantine. I could set something up, but what would I treat it with?

I'm not sure but some people use Coral Accel to help heal corals after fragging them.

I use brightwell restor. It works best in a quarantene system or as a dip but you can feed with it as well. the scolly should recover, I've nursed a few back to health, including yours, if it's the one you picked up from me that is.

It si not the red one I picked up from you, It is a green one I bought right after MACNA. I went to the store yesterday to get some restor and they didn't carry it. The flesh is peeling away fast, I'm sure it will be a loss Sucks, I really liked this piece next to the red one and especially under the led moonlights.

Sorry to hear that, sucks when a coral goes down especially an expensive one like that!