Thread: My Pectinia Coral is looking strange HELP!!!!!

My Pectinia Coral is looking strange HELP!!!!!

My Pectina coral was looking great, in the last 2 days (I wasn't home) the mouths look white calcified like. What is happening? It was suggested that it was hungry. My water is good (didn't check calcium yet) my tank has softies and zoas in it.

So I mixed up some cyclop-eeze in saltwater put a big burger king cup with a small hole cut in the bottom over it. I then used my turkey baster (waiting on my seasquirt feeder shipment) and squirted a ton of food in it. I lifted the cup up a little and food is stuck all over it. It looks like some of the ends are opening up?

As soon I put the food into the cup - out comes my piggy brittle starfish. He loves to eat - so of course he climbs under the cup too.

Any ideas? I know my tank is new - do I need to take him to someone's established tank to hold for me. Sure don't want to kill it.

HELP

Re: My Pectinia Coral is looking strange HELP!!!!!

OK so I panicked like a newbie.......... my pectina is fine... there were small piece of sand stuck to it... sorry to be such a cry baby....;-)

Re:My Pectinia Coral is looking strange HELP!!!!!

No need to be so hard on yourself . There will be many more of these 1st time things happening with your tank. How are you supposed to know what's going on, after all, it's the 1st time experiencing it. That's what's so great about reef clubs and forums, you can ask someone who knows.

Thanks, It is my favorite piece so far. I find myself talking to it...lol :-)

Lanie wrote:
    Thanks, It is my favorite piece so far. I find myself talking to it...lol :-)
    lol, as long as they don't start talking back I think you're fine!

mbodell

After seeing it in person, it is spewing out its stringy guts and then swelling up. I can see why you were worried. It is a weird coral.